Mercury Labels Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I need to use ribbons with my labels on rolls?


Ok, there are two types of Thermal labels that’s we supply on rolls, one being Direct Thermal Labels which does not use any ribbons at all, the print is heated onto the special thermal direct label surface. The second option on labels on rolls would be Thermal transfer labels, now with this range of thermal labels you will need to use a ribbon.

Thermal ribbons are supplied by us for all printer make and models, they are a roll of black or coloured foil that go into your printer along with the thermal transfer roll of labels, the printer will then transfer the print onto your label from the ribbons.

Back to FAQ